Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 86

When I started this blog, I thought I'd be posting more than once a week, for sure, but I guess I shouldn't have had such high hopes. I haven't had anything blog-worthy in the last week, so instead of just cramming the page with boring filler, I thought I'd hold off until I really had something good. Quality over quantity, right? But then came today... right now, actually... when I decided to say screw it and just write whatever comes to mind. We can revisit the "quality over quantity" idea when it's all over.

So anyway, I am now in my 13th week of pregnancy and happy as a clam to be finally about to move out of the dreaded first trimester and into the more exciting (and comfortable, from what I've heard) second. I can't really complain too much about the last few weeks, though. I've been pretty lucky with minimal "morning sickness," and fortunately haven't had to steer completely clear of restaurants, grocery stores or my own kitchen. I've had some food aversions, but I look at them as more of a blessing than anything since they make choosing what to eat a lot easier for me. It doesn't take nearly as long to make up my mind when I have fewer options to choose from.

One thing that I have been hit pretty hard with is the crazy mood swings. Things that typically irritate me a little bit are cause for some serious flipping out these days, and it's really, honestly and truly out of my control. I feel like Sybil, although instead of having 13 different personalities, I just have two: Normal, Fairly Level-Headed Teri, or Endless PMS from Hell Teri. There are days when I don't think Normal Me even gets out of bed. I was feeling sorry for Leah and Jennie, because I really have had some major hot and cold moments with them, but then realized they're used to that for having to deal with it every other week anyway, so it's not so bad, right? At least with me it's only temporary and my psychotic tendencies will (should) end soon.

I would say I feel sorry for D having to deal with the craziness, too, but he ignores me anyway, so I don't think he even notices.

Being a bit on the unstable side probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel like someone was sticking a spear through my head every day. And it's not like it's just one spear either. No. It's like a different one every day, in a different location. Today it's in the upper lefthand region of my head. Tomorrow it might be right between my eyes, or maybe it'll be behind my ear or at the base of my skull. There's no way to know until it happens. Surprises sure are fun!

I'm still having the crazy/awesome dreams every night, and they're even getting a little easier to almost remember! At some point I really am going to take a notepad and pen to bed with me so I can write it all down when I wake up thinking how I just can't wait to tell everyone what my brain did this time! It's so much fun and really bums me out when I think about all the good stories I've already wasted. One of these days...

Oh! Happy baby talk! I bought my very first baby outfit online last week. A coupon from Gymboree came in the mail and of course I had to use it. D asked when it expires, like we should wait to use it until the very last minute. Screw that! We had until the end of March, but it was already burning a hole in my figurative pocket! I had to do something with it, stat! So I did. I bought a really cute little monkey outfit (not a costume) and just can't wait until it gets here!

I also bought my very first piece of maternity clothing. I just happened to be wandering aimlessly around the 'net yesterday and came across the cutest maternity top I have ever seen. And it was on sale! 50% off! Who can say no to that, right? So I ordered it. I wasn't going to, but I was in a bit of a mood and needed something to cheer me up. It worked, but not as well as my Blades of Glory video does! I was having another moment yesterday when I needed something to make me laugh and I just turned that on and it was like magic! Skate dude really made my day. If he only knew... (I'd load it here but it was taking too long.)

But anyway, back to the matter at hand. I'm pregnant. And I imagine I'm dealing with what all pregnant women deal with, even though I feel like there's no freakin' way anyone else could ever be as out of her mind and ridiculously bitchy as I've found myself to be lately. But I've been told it's normal, and it shall pass. For everyone's sake, including my own, but mostly everyone else's, I sure hope that's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment