Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 79

Is it strange that all I want to eat today are popcicles and peanut butter toast? I wasn't really thinking much of it until after my 4th popcicle and 3rd piece of toast. Then I got to thinking... is this what "cravings" are all about? Because I sure wouldn't think so. It's not like I just have to have it. It's more that they're the only things that sound at all appealing to me today. I'm not complaining. The popcicles are quite refreshing and the peanut butter toast is... well... peanut butter toast. What more is there to say about that? It's just plain good!

But here's something that I do think is strange... I had a dream last night that I accidentally flushed some dude from high school's drugs down the toilet. Isn't that odd? I should be dreaming about breastfeeding and baby bonnets, but instead my brain is conjuring up images of me wasting someone's stash. And I felt bad about it! That part wouldn't be so weird if I liked the guy at all, but he was a complete tool, like so many others were back then. I don't get it. I really need to start writing these things down when they wake me up at night, partially so I can tell better stories, but also because I'm thinking maybe the rest of the dream would explain to me what was really going on in there.

On another note... I have the day off work today and had fully intended to spend it just relaxing and doing whatever strikes my fancy and not worrying about a thing. But instead, I find myself sitting here thinking about all my laundry that eventually needs to be put away, the laundry that still needs to be done and folded so we all have clothes to wear this week and how I really must go to the grocery store today and wondering how in the hell it's already almost 2pm. The day is almost over and I've only gotten about a one hour nap and absolutely nothing else done! Well, nothing other than devouring a few popcicles and PB toast, but that doesn't count. And now I'm kinda stressing about it all because I really hate folding laundry and even though most of it's clean, the sucky part (folding) is still there waiting to be done, AND it's really cold outside and I don't even want to think about going to the store even though we won't have dinner tonight or the rest of the week unless I do.

And to top it all off... there's nothing good on TV. The winter olympics are apparently more important than Ellen (seriously?), Wendy Williams makes me angry, Days of Our Lives kinda freaks me out and Hoarders is just creepy! Perhaps I'll take another nap. The rest can wait a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment