Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 94 (I think)

Even though I'm sort of starting to come out of my sleepy-beyond-belief phase, I still seem to be slacking on a few things. This blog is one of them. I thought for sure I'd have a new post last week. We did, after all, get to hear the Bean's heartbeat. How cool is THAT, right? It's not every day that you get to have a magic wand pressed up against your belly and hear the funny little slush slush (or chugachugachugachuga) sound of your finally-starting-to-look-like-a-real-miniature-human unborn child's heartbeat. I seriously should have found time to write about that! But I didn't. That doesn't make it any less important to me, though. I just never really had an urge to tell the story. I imagine it'll be a whole different ballgame after we get the "big" ultrasound done on April 12th and hopefully find out if the Bean is a boy or a girl! The heartbeat told me everything's fine. What happens on April 12th will tell me a whole lot more. I am SO excited for that! I don't have a preference, really, but I have a really strange feeling that it's a girl. Either way, I want to know now so we can finally start shopping!

Speaking of shopping, I haven't had to even think about maternity clothes yet. I'm cool with that, although pretty soon I'm sure I'll be at a point where I just look kinda fat and will want to put on a maternity shirt just so people know for sure. Before that happens, though, my lovely husband and I are going on a nice little getaway. It's a combination birthday/babymoon/wedding anniversary gift, but whatever you want to call it, I call it awesome and I am totally looking forward to it! It's actually gotten me motivated to work out every day to get a little more toned before I have to hang out in summer time clothes and a bathing suit for four days. Hopefully I'll keep the working out trend alive even after we get back, because I would sure love to be one of the few women who somehow avoid getting all out of whack and swollen beyond recognition during pregnancy. Now that I said that, though, I'm probably screwed.

Well, I know this post is pretty lame, but I'm just really boring these days! Hopefully I can kick up the excitement factor a notch or two in the coming weeks. Don't give up on me just yet. I promise I'm gonna try!

For now, though, this is all you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment