Thursday, February 11, 2010

Originally Posted Feb. 9th

Pregnant Pauses - Day 73

Ok, so I know this is my first real post and "Day 73" in the title might be a bit misleading, but here's the deal... Day 73 is referring to my pregnancy. In some weird way, the medical profession claims that I'm that many days into my pregnancy. In reality, however, I'm about 14 days less pregnant than that. But we'll stick with what the docs say. They're the experts. Anyway...

This blog was originally going to be about the many very strange dreams that I've been having since getting knocked up. But then I realized that I rarely remember them long enough to actually write anything in-depth once I get the chance. It would be something like, "So I had this really weird dream last night. I was in a jeep driving down a gravel road near my evil grandmother's house, when suddenly the road was flooded and I couldn't turn around and the jeep started to float away and I had to climb out the top and luckily the top was off or there was no way I'd ever be able to escape. But the dream ended before I got out, or at least that's the last thing I remember, so I'm not real sure what happened."

I don't know about you, but reading something like that after expecting some really awesome story about the inner workings of some crazy pregnant chick's mind would piss me off. So I decided to make a deal with myself and sometimes include snippets about my journeys through Dreamland, but to also ramble on about the many other ways in which this whole pregnancy thing has made me a wee bit loonier than usual. It'll be great fun, reflecting on the times that I've almost lost my cool and flipped out on some random innocent bystander, or when I've been on my way to someplace I've visited on quite a few occasions, forgot how to get there halfway through the trip and then decided it wasn't worth the time or effort and turned around to try to find my way back home. Or perhaps I'll write about such simple things as how I've forgotten someone's name even though I see them on a daily basis, or how I sometimes can't think of certain ordinary words such as "have" or "potato."

There's really no telling where this blogging thing is going to take us on my way to becoming a real life mommy, so stay tuned. It's gonna be some ride!

1 comment:

  1. If I'm around when you forget a word, please tell me. Nothing would make me happier. :)

    ReplyDelete